Tuesday, January 9, 2007

At the South Pole



Quite a bit has happened since my last post. I actually arrived at the South Pole two days ago. I spent a day and a half on the coast of Antarctica before that and had quite an awesome time. In New Zealand I got to go on one of the most amazing hikes Ive ever been on. That is one of the hug perks of this work.




The picture here is of me boarding a C17 on the way to the coast of Antarctica. It was quite an amazing plane ride because it is such a huge plane and it is way faster than the C130 that I flew on last time. A short 5 hours and we were already in McMurdo, the U.S. coastal station.



1 comment:

jasonwalzer said...

Ok. how frightening is the inside of that plane. you're so lucky to be on quite the adventure. good luck, and keep posting.